Saturday, February 2, 2013

Day Thirty! (Four)

As you may have read before, I'm doing a 90-day resolution that includes eating well, reading the bible in 90 days, doing P90X, and not spending money at restaurants. I was supposed to update at day 30 but it's now day 34. Close enough!

Bible: Failure. I was falling asleep and unable to read and have officially given up on this one. I'll try again someday.

Eating well: Pretty good! I have been best at eating more small meals throughout the day and have only eaten poorly a couple of times. I'm fine with this- I wasn't going for perfection, just dramatic improvement.

P90X: So far so good! Here are some stats for proof: Not including the weekly basketball I play, I have had 26 workout sessions totaling 19 hours 36 minutes and have burnt 14,605 calories! While I feel stronger and have more endurance (MUCH more endurance) the 30-day pictures that P90X ask for certainly demonstrated that I have work left. I might show those at the end, we'll see. That being said I have lost about 10 pounds, 2% body fat, 1.5 inches off my waist, and gained 1/2 inch on my biceps. I haven't missed a session yet (I trade the yoga on Thursdays with basketball) and honestly refuse to because I know I'll get off the whole program, much like I did with reading!

Spending money at restaurants: I have done well here too! As a family we cut our spending at restaurants by over 75% in January when compared to normal. Huge! I spent money twice, once to have dinner with tech people from around the state (I considered it an investment in networking for a future job, perhaps) and again at Chick-fil-a with my family for a fundraiser night for my wife's school.

I'm over a third of the way there and am feeling pretty successful. I knew my endeavor was going to be tough so I'm not worried about a little bit of failure. Now, time for dinner and some P90X Kenpo X!

No comments:

Post a Comment