Monday, December 31, 2012

My 90-day Resolution

Yup, you read that correctly- it's a 90-day resolution. I'm not really interested in (or capable of) committing an entire year to much of anything, so I'm keeping my resolution at a manageable timeframe. Here is my four-part plan:


  1. Spiritual growth: I will be following YouVersion's Bible in 90 Days plan. I have never read every part of the Bible. Now is the time. It is a bit of a commitment, but on the flip side, it's only 90 days!
  2. Physical growth: I'm 31 and I have a gut, my back hurts, and I get winded playing with my little girls. Not for long. Over the next 90 days I am committing to P90X. I have started it a couple of times, but only once with the plan of finishing it. (I tore my triceps on the first day so that didn't last long.) Again, this is a big commitment, but will only last 90 days.
  3. Nutritional growth: I eat poorly. For the next 90 days I will not have soda or dessert. I will make healthy choices for meals. Only exception is for Colts games, when I will allow myself to eat whatever I choose. :-)
  4. Financial growth: I have always been a spender and it's frustrating. For the next 90 days I will not spend on anything I don't need. No eating out except for gift cards or with my parents. I will not buy a funny t-shirt or even rent a RedBox.
The reward: Conveniently, the 90th day will be Monday, April 1st (no foolin'!). This is the beginning of an entire week off for Spring Break at my school. To reward myself, Allison and I will be going somewhere, just the two of us, to celebrate.

That's it. As Tony says in P90X- "Bring it."

No comments:

Post a Comment