Monday, June 18, 2012

What is "Daducation"


Firstly, daducation is a word I have to add to my iPad's autocorrect. Anyhow, daducation is what I see myself as doing- that's being a dad in education. These are two major places where my soul lights up and I plan to combine them here in mostly random thoughts. As a Christian dad, I see the important role God has assigned to fathers and my heart breaks for children who don't have strong men in their lives. As an educator, I see the effect this can have on children. In its most basic generalities, here is what Father's need to do: For daughters: make them feel loved and beautiful or they will seek that love in other forms. For sons: give them adventures, chances to take risks, and purpose. If not, they will take risks on adventures, trying to find their purpose without any guidance. I will also add lots of thoughts on education. Be warned, I am a big thinker! Don't read this if you are the sort of teacher who is comfortable where you are in your career. Do read on if you want to radically change schools for students. I am Andrew, the daducator. Father of two girls, educator.

My girls and I love Photobooth! :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment